My Personal Goals for 2016
I don’t normally write down goals for a new year but this year just feels different.
So onto my goals for 2016:
- Workout and record my 160 hours that I have committed myself to via #fitbos16. I have a gym membership but I am usually too tired after work to go and can come up with many excuses not to go. So, my husband and I purchased an elliptical machine this past week.
- Patience with my family. I am always praised with the patience I have with my students and I think I use it all up by the time I get home especially for my son and the help he needs with homework at night.
- Read all the new math and education books I just purchased. (Creating Cultures of Thinking: The 8 Forces We Must Master to Truly Transform Our Schools, Mathematical Mindsets: Unleashing Students’ Potential through Creative Math, Inspiring Messages and Innovative Teaching, and Embedding Formative Assessment: Practical Techniques for K-12 Classrooms)
- Learn how to use the new plasma cutter I bought over Thanksgiving. I can’t wait to get started when it gets a little warmer out.
- Blog more. This was a goal of mine last year but I didn’t follow through. I think I will ask someone on Twitter to hold me accountable. My blog has always been about my math classroom but I think this year I am going to try to also blog about how I deal with fibromyalgia and teaching.
I think five goals are more than enough to try to manage with everything else that is going on in my life. Wish me luck and please try to hold me accountable to these wonderful goals.