Friday Letters in Seventh Grade Math
I started Friday Letters with my students two weeks ago. Students write to me every Friday via Google Classroom.
This Friday’s writing prompt was, “If math could be a color (shape, sound…) it would be……because……”.
Here are a few of my students responses to this Friday’s prompt:
- If math could be a car because some cars are frustrating and hard to get the hang of it.
- If math could be a dessert, it would be warheads because it can hard/sour at first, but at the end it’s easier/sweeter.
- If math was an animal it would be a unicorn because it’s magical, mysterious, and quite strange.
- If math could be a chocolate it would be frozen chocolate because you have to try hard to get into it but once you do it can be very rewarding
- If math could be a women it would be because it’s complicated and frustrating.
- If math was an animal, it would be a sugar glider because they require a lot of attention and are somewhat difficult to take care of like the children in a classroom. They have to establish a special bond with their owner like a teacher does with their students.
- If math could be a pattern I think it would be chevron. It would be that because sometimes it is good and it goes up but sometimes it is hard and confusing so it goes down.
- I think that math could be a color it would be yellow because math is a bright subject.
- If math could be a car it would be a Lamborghini because math is awesome. It would be a Lamborghini because it is fun to do and really awesome!
- If math could be an animal it would be a dolphin because they are intelligent and you have to be smart to know math because if you’re a donkey it is impossible to be good at math.
- If math could be a color it would be grey because it is not too hard like grey is not to dark.
- If math could be a color, it would be purple. Because I don’t really like math too much. It makes me frustrated when I can’t figure out a problem. It is purple because red and blue make it. Red because when I am frustrated, and blue because if it is a really hard problem, it makes me so frustrated that I get all stressed out and I start welling up.
- If math could be a color, it would be black because you learn a lot of things just like it takes a lot of colors to make black.
- If math could be a shape it would be a circle because a circle is everlasting and never stops.
Have I said that I LOVE working with seventh graders!